Terms and Conditions for Booking
- A transferable, non-refundable deposit may be required to secure a place on a tour/meet.
- The deposit, if required, will be collected via the website at the time of booking. The fund will be held and managed by the organiser/convenor and used for communal expenses such as group accommodation reservations; group travel; a group kitty; etc.
- Any funds remaining after the tour/meet ends will be returned to the tour/meet members at the discretion of the organiser/convenor.
- If the tour/meet is cancelled by the organiser/convenor the deposit, less any non-reclaimable expenses already paid out, will be refunded.
- Tour/meet members will agree to accept any extra terms and conditions of cancellation as shown in the Participation and Booking Form.
- If the tour/meet is not fully subscribed by ASC members, guests are welcome to join the Alpine Ski Club meet on the understanding they are attending in a social capacity only.
- Under the terms of the Club’s public liability insurance only Club members are allowed to participate in the Club’s organised mountaineering activities – which includes ski touring, ski mountaineering, climbing and hill walking, amongst other activities.
- If guests wish to participate in the Club’s organised mountaineering activities they are encouraged to join The Alpine Ski Club as a member, prior to attending the meet.
- A member may bring a guest to attend two ASC tours/meets as “taster sessions”. If the guest wishes to join further tours/meets they must join the ASC.
Conditions of Participation
- I accept that the role of the organiser/convenor is not as a Leader or a Guide in the mountains in any sense of the meaning. The role of the organiser/convenor is limited to facilitating local arrangements only.
- I will be attending as a competent, self-sufficient and independent mountaineer or ski mountaineer and will participate actively in the risk assessment, risk mitigation and decision making of the group during all stages of this activity.
- I confirm I have read, understood and will follow The Alpine Ski Club guidelines relating to safety in the mountains for ski touring and ski mountaineering.
- I confirm that my skiing ability, mountaineering experience and level of fitness meet the requirements of this activity, as they have been explained to me and/or as published on The Alpine Ski Club website.
- I will be adequately equipped with the appropriate safety equipment for this activity.
- I have personal travel insurance that adequately covers me against medical, mountain rescue and public liability risks for this activity.
- I undertake to declare to the organiser/convenor if I display any COVID-19 symptoms or have come into contact with anyone displaying such symptoms in the 14 days prior to commencement of the tour/meet. I acknowledge that this may result in not being able to take my place on the tour.
- Whilst on an Alpine Ski Club tour/meet, I undertake to comply with official travel and health guidance of the relevant country and responsible bodies.
- The officers, committee(s), organiser/convenor and members of The Alpine Ski Club do not accept any responsibility for any accidents, misadventure or mishap which may occur or its consequences.
- I confirm that I am fully aware that ski mountaineering, ski touring and mountaineering involve elements of risk which can lead to serious injury or death and I am participating in these activities at my own risk.
Last updated on 24th April 2021